La Sandía Digital is a no-profit organization which deals with the production of audiovisual contents and the organization of audiovisual workshops with the purpose of having an impact on the human rights field. In order to reach our goal, La Sandía Digital works together with other local organizations. Our aim is to introduce citizens and community to issues of social relevance through the audiovisual production, seen as a tool for a social change.
You can watch some of La Sandía Digital productions subtitled in english here:
- Disappeared Migrants: United Families Reclaiming Justice
- “Son duros los días sin nada” (Days without nothing are tough) feature documentary film made with the collaboration of CONAVIM and Protección Civil, about the role of women in the areas of risk and environmental disaster in Chiapas and Oaxaca.
- “El Deber de Proteger” (Duty to Protect) a video made for Peace Brigades International about protection for human rights defenders in Mexico.
- “¿Cuantas Muertes Más?” (How many more deaths?) a video for the Mexican Commission for the Defence and Promotion of Human Rights that shows human rights defenders situation in Mexico through the story of Silvia.
- “El Sentido de la Justicia” (Sense of Justice) a short film on feminicide and the judicial system in Mexico.